Thursday, May 26, 2011

Jesus does not give up on you, even when you trip up and stumble

Mark 14:27 Then Jesus said to them, “All of you will be made to stumble because of Me this night, for it is written: ‘I will strike the Shepherd, And the sheep will be scattered.’


Mark 14: 28 “But after I have been raised, I will go before you to Galilee.”


Jesus knew ahead of time that virtually all of those whom He had chosen would stumble and be scattered in one of His own darkest moments. But, He chose them anyways. ( perhaps it's because He has no perfect people to choose from )


He knew they would be tripped up during this incident of His being arrested, because it was written ahead of time, God said it would happen.


When we trip up, we can falsely think, "the Lord is through with me, He will never use me again" The guilt and sense of failure because of our sin can be overwhelming.


But, the Lord does not give up on you, just because you may have given up on Him. Please notice what is said in Mark 14:28 “But after I have been raised, I will go before you to Galilee.”


Jesus was letting them know that He had plans to meet up with them after He was raised from the dead. He would meet them again. And meet them He did. In fact, one of the stories is about Peter in particular, and of how the Lord restored him back to fellowship and ministry.


So, if you have tripped up, if you have stumbled, if you have strayed away from the Lord, please know of His unchanging love for you, and of His desire for you to be back in fellowship with Him.


The Bible says that if we confess our sins, He if faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 1st John 1:9


"Lord, we pray for any and all who may be reading these words today, and ask that You would pour into our lives, and into theirs a renewed sense of Your grace and Your love for them. And, of Your desire for fellowship and usefulness in each life. We thank You for cleansing us of our sins, and ask that You keep us and give us strength today. In Jesus name, amen"


Pastor Bob Grenier

Calvary Chapel Visalia


P.S Some applicational thoughts


1. Focus on the the Lord not your sin and failures.

2. Jesus knew when He picked you, that you would fail.

3. The Lord forgives us when we confess our sins.

4. Forget what is behind you and look to Jesus

5. Remember God is faithful, even when we are not.



2 comments:

  1. The apostle Peter wrote to scattered believers in his letter in 1Peter...They were scattered because of persecution, yet the apostle went on to remind them that they were "kept by the power of God"...& to have "joy in their trials" since God had a great purpose in them...Whether we are suffering as a result of our own sin...or from what others have done to us...we must not lose heart and give up...God is not done with us...He loves us and wants to use us...He is faithful even when we may be faithless 2Tim.2:13...What a wonderful God we serve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not what I ought to be, I am not what I want to be, I am not what I hope to be in another world; but still I am not what I once used to be, and by the grace of God I am what I am"
    — John Newton

    ReplyDelete